So a new opportunity to serve came up that I have never considered or done before: sponosor someone. Monetarily. Those who know me would say, "What? You mean you actually have some to give?"
Well, not all at once, but you know, yeah.
So what's the cause? A mission. For the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Having served a mission myself, I find it the singularly most influential thing I have ever done for myself, my family, the world, and the Lord. I would not be who I am today without that sacrifice. The idea of helping someone else have that same kind of experience is exciting for me.
Based on my own personal experience, the opportunity to serve a mission is worth any cost. That's because no matter what, the Lord will reimburse that cost a hundredfold or more. Whatever it takes to sacrifice to go while you have the chance is worth it. And you know, in the end, the things you thought would be a big sacrifice aren't. It's fabulous how the Lord works that way. Win-win.
I definitely will need the Lord's help on this one, but I'm assured that He is ready to give it.
I feel good. I'm excited.
AE
No comments:
Post a Comment