I'm having a few conflicts relating to my personal peace lately. I don't feel I really have any. I think I know what I need to do to get it, but it's just so difficult to make myself give time to them even though I know it'll help me.
I've taken on a lot of meaningful projects here at the school. I've been keeping up with them and my job and classes fairly well, but I feel like everything is mostly done just enough to get by and get started on the next task.
The one thing I lack the most now is the freedom to just sit and think, or observe, or chat with people at different hangouts.
I've taken on a lot of meaningful projects here at the school. I've been keeping up with them and my job and classes fairly well, but I feel like everything is mostly done just enough to get by and get started on the next task.
The one thing I lack the most now is the freedom to just sit and think, or observe, or chat with people at different hangouts.
Instead I am glued to my phone sending emails and texts, checking on assignments and to-do lists, going from work to class, to meetings to more meetings, and then a couple more meetings. I'm keeping up for now but I'm worried about the breaking point.
On the other hand, I'm handling things so well, I feel that my capacities for accomplishing more things are improving, but I'm not sure what the cost is. What's the point of doing everything if I give up personal space and peace for it?
Why am I so busy?
For one, it's my last semester. This is the last chance for me to take advantage of the opportunities provided by my school. Mentorship program? Yes! Sign me up! Business Plan Competition? Great idea! Social entrepreneurship project? Sounds meaningful. Be a club president? I've never done it before, so why not?
At the same time I'm juggling readings, assignments, papers, and extensive team projects both in classes and at work.
I don't even want to get started on work, but I'm not sure if they realize that the amount of extra assignments they are asking from me are not possible to do in the time frame that I work along with the other responsibilities that I have.
Ah well. This is life I think. If I can't learn to find time for myself now, I'll have to figure it out later because I know it won't just fix itself.
Besides all that, I still have no job prospects or applications even out there for when I graduate. Guess there's always back-packing and globetrotting...
Hello! Yes, that is life unfortunately. I think that is one reason reading the scriptures and praying are keys to finding peace - they make you sit and be contemplative for a while. If you are committed to serving God, you likely will always be super-busy because people are always needing help. I don't think that His model is really for us to sit and meditate all day every day, but rather to "wear out our life in well-doing." If you made someone's life better today, your busy-ness is worth it. The longer you do it, somehow the peace becomes deeper within you so the outer chaos can't penetrate quite so much. Just my two bits of advice :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to add, with all that I said before, you have to just take the opportunities to relax, connect, and recharge sometimes or you will burnout and be no good to anyone :) Somehow all the business gets done.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sydney! I appreciate you always adding your comments! Love you!
Delete